Prompt #12 of Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers class suggests we create a new blog post category called something like "I will scrapbook this". Because I like alliteration, I came up with (and created) a category for "Scrapbook Someday". As in, "someday I will find/make the time to scrapbook, and when that day comes, I will scrapbook about this topic".
I had actually recently started a list for just this purpose - with real pen and paper, no less. But I do like Shimelle's idea of blogging the list and/or individual topics, too.
Creating a list of layout topics really helps me be more productive at crops - not only is there less thinking involved at layout-creation time, but I can also track my way through an album-project, and make sure I don't leave anything out. Plus I also like the satisfaction of crossing out or checking off (depending on my mood on any given day).
Shimelle's prompt actually encouraged using individual blog posts as a sort of 'placeholder' for the elements of an actual scrapbook page, when one doesn't have the time to actually scrap. But I thought I'd use this post as a sort of 'brain dump' of pages and projects that are on my mind, and that I'd like to Scrapbook Someday. As time goes along, I may create posts for individual projects (see my previous post, Cultural Education for Kids, for example), but the list idea is working for me today.
To Scrapbook Someday
- continue with pages in my son's Boy Scout/Eagle album:
- Uniform Inspection 2002
- Cub Scout Den 2003
- Pinewood Derby 2003
- Raingutter Regatta 2003
- Pinewood Derby 2004
- Troop picture 2005
- Bartle 2005
- Bartle 2006
- Bartle 2007
- Bartle 2008
- Philmont 2008 (token layout, to mark its place in his scouting 'historical timeline')
- Bartle 2009
- Eagle Ceremony 2010 (fingers crossed!)
- Philmont 'speed-scrap' pocket page album
- Philmont digi photobook
- Vegas trip 2008 (or was it 2007? obviously the memories are fading already!)
- Digi-scrapped Memory game for my niece
- Colorado vacation photobook
- school art project "portfolio" photobook
- "A Love So True" grandparents tribute album
- "Introducing the Classics"/Cultural Literacy album
- First Day of School album
- Charity crochet/knitting projects layout
- Star Trek movie premiere, opening night May 2009
- Mother-Daughter pedicures
- High School Debate layout(s) - I'd love for this to be a full album, showing the chronology like the Boy Scout album, but don't think that many pictures will find their way to me.
- "Fell" - pictures showing all the autumn leaves on the ground in our back yard
That should keep me busy for a while! :)
Do you have any scrapbooking/memory-preservation goals or plans? Feel free to link to a similar list on your own blog in the comments!