Seen in the 9/21/07 edition of Memorytrends Magazine's e-newsletter News Bites:
Scrapbooking at $2.87 billion
The 2007 Scrapbooking In America study revealed:
- Scrapbooking is now a $2.87 billion market, a 12.7% increase since 2004. [The scrapbooking industry topped $2.55 billion in retail sales in 2004, according to the 2004 Scrapbooking in America study. According to a study conducted by the Craft & Hobby Association, scrapbooking grew to a $2.6 billion industry in 2006, becoming the most popular craft segment.]
- 29.4% (32.6 million) of U.S. Households has someone participate in the hobby of scrapbooking or memory books.
- Each household spends $87.81 annually on scrapbook supplies.
- 61% of scrapbooking enthusiasts have spent more than $50 on scrapbooking products in the last 30 days. The median value of all scrapbooking items a scrapbooker owns is $2,006. (That is up from $1,853 in 2004.)
- 78% of scrapbooking enthusiasts have a space in their home dedicated to scrapbooking.
For more survey information, watch for the December issue of Craftrends.