ST. PAUL, Minn., March 13, 2006 — Do friends refer to you as the next domestic diva with your creative home decorating and crafting projects? Or, maybe you’re a do-it-yourself guru who enjoys tackling various home improvement and repair jobs. Whatever the project, hobby or job may be, if you have a “can do” attitude, a creative mind and love to use 3M Super 77 adhesive, then it’s time to roll up your sleeves and submit your best customized project idea into the Super 77 “Can Do” Contest.
3M, the maker of Super 77 multipurpose adhesive, is searching for creative, practical and ingenious custom-made projects that use spray adhesive to “keep it all together.” Whether you devised a creative home repair, created the classiest home décor items or just enjoy crafting beautiful homemade gifts, 3M wants to know how Super 77 spray adhesive saves time and helps you create “can do” projects with professional-looking results. Entries can be submitted into one of four categories:
- Home Improvement and Repair (e.g. construction, carpentry, drywall construction)
- Crafting and Decorating (e.g. framing, window treatments, scrapbooking, card making, journal or album covers, ornaments, decoupage, floral arrangements)
- Sports and Hobbies (e.g. indoor putting greens, models, model landscapes, game tables)
- Miscellaneous/Other (anything not outlined above where 3M Super 77 adhesive is appropriately used)
If your project is “super” enough to make the cut, then you could win the grand prize of $7,700 plus one case of 3M Super 77 adhesive. Four first place finalists (one per category) will be chosen to receive a monetary prize of $770 in addition to a case of Super 77 multipurpose adhesive. Projects will be judged on creativity, completeness and demonstrated use of Super 77. Evan Farmer, host of TLC’s hit show While You Were Out, will select the overall grand-prize winner.
Additionally, passionate spray adhesive product users can log onto www.3MSuper77.com and join the Super 77 Fan Club. An online resource, the club will give members instant access to tips, techniques and projects that incorporate Super 77, as well as learn about new promotions for the product. Fan club members will also receive a quarterly newsletter with project ideas from Evan Farmer, plus be eligible to receive an invitation to online chat forums with Farmer.
If your customized project idea expresses a “can do” attitude and thought process, then submit the following:
- The name of your project.
- Step-by-step instructions on “how to” complete the project.
- Classification of the project category (e.g. framed photo collage would be considered a “Crafting and Decorating” project).
- Digital (jpeg) or photo quality prints to accompany the project. Include no more than five images, including one image with the completed, final project.
- Your name, home address, city, state, zip code, daytime telephone number, e-mail address (if available) and a statement that you are age 18 or over.
Entries must be postmarked by September 29, 2006 and can be submitted by mail or online:
3M Super 77 “Can Do” Contest
c/o E-Group, Inc.
901 North 3rd Street, Suite 195
Minneapolis, MN 55401.
For a complete set of contest rules, to submit an entry or to learn more about Super 77, visit
SOURCE: 3M Newsroom