Here is a list of all the books I have used in my research to become a better mom and household manager.
Resources by "The Slob Sisters"
- Sidetracked Home Executives: From Pigpen to Paradise Get Your Act Together: A 7-Day Get-Organized Program For The Overworked, Overbooked, and Overwhelmed
* Other Resources to check out:
- The Sidetracked Sisters' Happiness File (out of print, but check your library, or used book stores)
- Catching Up in the Kitchen (out of print, but check your library or used book stores)
These books detail the most comprehensive home management system I have seen yet. They list every job they need to do to keep their homes running smoothly; choose a frequency (daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, or yearly), then transfer all the jobs to 3x5s as reminders. Read the books to do them justice. They cover cleaning, menu planning, and goal setting for personal achievements.
Resources from "FlyLady" Marla Cilley
Marla Cilley truly changed my life with her routines. Check out her words of wisdom at her website: FlyLady.net
Books by Deniece Schofield
Book by Bonnie McCullough
Some worthwhile tips. Covers time management, cleaning, family involvement, and goal setting.
Book by Stephanie Winston
- Stephanie Winston's Best Organizing Tips: Quick, Simple Ways to Get Organized and Get on with Your Life
I really liked her ideas on setting up a desk and work area, as well as budgeting and financial planning.
Book by Amy Dacyczyn (pronounced "decision")
This book combines the original Volumes I, II, & III, and offers "vital, cost-cutting information on: how to slash your food bills in half; 10 painless ways to save $100 dollars this year; cooking good meals for pennies a serving; and best tightwad tips from around the country". These tips come either directly from her now defunct newsletter, or her own experience in providing for a family of 8 in rural Maine. I personally have all 3 of the original books, and learned a lot from their resources..
Book by Stacy DeBroff & Marsha Feinberg
From BarnesandNoble.com: "Created by two busy moms, and field-tested on families across the country, Mom Central contains everything one needs to keep a family running smoothly, incuding checklists, charts, and schedules."