The Valentine I made for my husband turned out so well this year I thought I'd share it here. We're a pretty geeky couple so I wanted a way to capture that in a card. I thought through all the TV shows, movies, comics, and books we've enjoyed together and brainstormed a list of heroes and their leading ladies to represent them. Fandoms referenced:
- Star Trek (Carol Marcus is the mother of James T. Kirk's son)
- Star Wars
- Princess Bride
- The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
- Lord of the Rings
- Beauty and the Beast
- Doctor Who
- Battlestar Galactica
- Angst (my husband's fantasy-adventure series of novels)
We also like the BBC's Sherlock, so I chose a damask print paper as a nod to Sherlock's wallpaper. And one more geeky note - there are 12 couples listed (like a dozen roses!). I made the Doctor Who reference the 10th couple, since it was the 10th Doctor that fell in love with Rose. Awww....
I created the card from my digital scrapbooking stash - the "Book of Me" kit was a blog train freebie from the Half-Baked Girls design team of BrownieScraps in 2009. That digi store appears to now be defunct. The Book of Me, however, is still available. ;)
- Red background paper by FlutterbyeFaery Designs, in the Half-Baked Girls "Book of Me" kit
- Red damask paper by Mad Genius Designs, in the Half-Baked Girls "Book of Me" kit
- Tan solid paper by Angelica E, Rough Solids paper pack
- Font: A&S Shocard Block
So if you were to create a geeky fandom Valentine, which couples would you include? I hope this gives you some ideas!