My family went NUTS over this recipe last night, and kept praising it for a couple hours after we'd finished eating. Bonus: it's paleo-friendly and naturally gluten-free!
I found this at PaleoBlocks, who modified it from Gluten-Free Goddess. It's originally a stuffed cabbage recipe, but I didn't mess with the cabbage - we just ate the "filling". My modified version below.
Sausage & Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 red onion, peeled, diced
- 1 large tart apple, such as Granny Smith, peeled, diced [I think I used Gala or Pink Lady]
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 sausages- these can be sweet Italian, chicken apple, turkey, buffalo, cut into chunks [I used Al Fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage]
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1 cup organic 100% apple juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Sprinkle of sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg [I used pumpkin pie spice]
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Throw the vegetables, apple, and sausage into a roasting pan and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Add the apple juice, maple syrup, salt and spices and toss well to coat.
- Roast in the oven till soft- about 40 to 50 minutes. Stir a few times during roasting to distribute the sauce and seasoning.
- Serve & sit back and wait for the accolades.