Photo credit: ccharmon
Since the recent revamp of the Weight Watchers program to the PointsPlus program, which uses a algorithmic calculation of fat, carbs, protein, and fiber grams, I've started eating eggs for breakfast, instead of my former fav, high fiber multigrain flakes cereal. With a little tweaking, I've gotten my breakfast down to a mere 2 Points(Plus).
Super Amazing, Incredibly Filling 2 PointsPlus Omelet
- 1/2c Egg Beaters/substitute (2 servings = 1 PointsPlus)
- 1 egg white (0 PointsPlus)
- 1/4c frozen chopped spinach, thawed (0 PointsPlus)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (0 PointsPlus)
- seasonings to taste - I use seasoned salt, minced onion, and dill (0 PointsPlus)
- 1 full wedge Laughing Cow Light swiss cheese (1 PointsPlus)
Combine all ingredients except cheese, and mix well. Pour into heated skillet and cook until set. Add the wedge of cheese toward the end of the cooking and heat until melty.
Please note I am terrible at making omelets, so I won't provide those cooking instructions - just google "how to make an omelet". And if your omelet goes south on you, just mix it all together with your spatula and call it a "scramble". :)
EDITED TO ADD: I've fiddled around with different combinations of eggs/substitute. Variations have different PointsPlus values - the option I list above is a total of just 1 PP. Here are a couple of other options:
3/4c Egg Beaters (3 servings) = 2 PointsPlus
1 whole egg + 2 eggs whites = 3 PointsPlus
You could also use just 1/2 wedge of the Laughing Cow for 0 PP, but it's SO much creamier and fabulous with the full wedge.