Happy 4th of July! Here in the States it's Independence Day, and we had assorted family members over for a cookout. Since my husband and I joined Weight Watchers three weeks ago, having the cookout at our house ensured I had control over most of the menu. I thought I'd share the menu and some of the easy diet-friendly recipes we used today.
- Grilled cheeseburgers
- Grilled hotdogs - Louis Rich Bun-length Turkey hotdogs (3 Points each + bun, also 3 Points)
- Grilled brats (boiled in beer - not very WW-friendly, but required cookout food for my husband)
- Grilled potato packets (4 Points)
- Patty's Fruit Salad (from AimeesAdventures.com - 2 Points per cup)
- Sliced tomatoes with Wish-Bone® Salad Spritzers™ Red Wine Mist Cabernet Vinaigrette Dressing
- Hot Italian spinach dip with Wheat Thins Toasted Chips, Multi-Grain (1 Pt for dip, 3 Pts for 13 chips
- Baked Tostito Scoops and Mango-Peach Salsa (from a jar + 20 chips for 2 Points)
- "Specialty Dessert"
Recipes after the break...
Grilled Potato Packet
POINTS® Value: 4 (According to the WW Recipe Builder)
Recipe from my WW leader. If you need to serve more than one person, just make enough packets for everyone!
- 5 oz potato, red or white, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup vidalia onion, diced
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb (or other seasoned salt)
Place diced potato and onion on a square of aluminum foil. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Grill or bake at 350, 20-30 minutes.
Italian Spinach Dip
POINTS® value: 1 (According to the WW Recipe Builder)
Servings: 8 (~1/4c each)
Great with Multi-Grain Wheat Thins Toasted Chips (just count the Points - 3 Pts for 13 chips)
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach
- 14 oz Diced Tomatoes With Basil, Garlic And Oregano
- 1 clove garlic clove(s)
- 1 cup Low-Moisture, Part-Skim Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Defrost spinach. Squeeze out all excess moisture. Combine all ingredients. Crockpot on LO 3-4 hours, or bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and heated through.
POINTS® value: 3 (According to the WW Recipe Builder)
- 6 oz ladyfinger(s)
- 6 serving fat-free sugar-free instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 4 oz Lite Whipped Topping
- 2 cup fat-free skim milk
Prepare pudding with milk. Spoon a thin layer of pudding on bottom of 8x8 pan. Put one layer of ladyfingers on top of pudding. Combine whipped topping with pudding. Spoon on top of ladyfingers. Put another layer of ladyfingers on top of pudding layer. Spoon remaining pudding on top of second layer of ladyfingers. Chill until serving time.