Follow up to my first posting of Name That Movie: 3/14/07.
Yes, the movie was "Speed". Thanks to everyone who played, and congrats to those of you who got it right! Fun!
NAME THAT MOVIE!
- I need your clothes, boots and your motorcycle.
- Anybody not wearing 2 million sunblock is gonna have a real bad day.
- I know now why you cry. But it's something I can never do.
- The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it, for the first time, with a sense of hope.
- In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.
- She... uh, stabbed me in the knee cap with my pen a few weeks ago.
- 1991 Film
- Action / Adventure / Sci-Fi / Thriller
- Won four Oscars; nominated for two other Oscars. Won six MTV Movie Awards.
- Prior to making this film, the female lead received weapons training from a former Israeli commando.
- The female lead's twin sister was used as a double in multiple scenes.
- The male lead received a $15 million salary and a total of 700 words of dialog
- Held the world record for highest opening-weekend gross of an R-rated film (with $52,306,548) until The Matrix Reloaded (2003).