I've started doing a 'thing' at work - I have a little window in my cube (not facing outdoors, of course, just "overlooking" the aisle). Every Wednesday and Friday I post a new "Name That Movie" sheet on my window. It gives some quotes, clues, and trivia about a movie. People stop by and guess the movie. If they're right, I note their name at the bottom of the sheet. If they guess wrong, I note the name of the incorrect movie title (but not the person's name - I'm nice like that).
When I started doing this like two months ago, a few people "played". Now I have people from other departments stopping by, and people even stop me around the office, asking if a new one is up. It's been really fun -- I get to relive movies I've really enjoyed, and it's fun watching how serious some people get about their guesses. Some people don't want to guess unless they're absolutely certain they'll get it right, and other people throw out really random guesses. A little relief from cubicle life.
So far I've posted quotes and clues for Jurassic Park, Ghostbusters, Sleepless in Seattle, Home Alone, Kindergarten Cop, Dumb & Dumber, Titanic, Back to the Future, and Serenity.
Soooo, I thought it might be fun to post them here, too. Just like at work, there's no prize for guessing right (nor penalty for guessing wrong) - just something fun to try. Feel free to leave a Comment with your guess. I'll post the answer on Friday, along with another set of clues.
NAME THAT MOVIE
- Tell me again... why did I take this job?
- This day has been rather disappointing, I don't mind telling you.
Why, because you didn't get to kill everybody?
- Oh sure. It's just like driving a really big Pinto.
- Be prepared. It's the Boy Scout marching song.
- I have to warn you, I've heard relationships based on intense experiences never work.
- Hey! Get you’re a** behind the yellow line.
- Will the mystery guest please sign in?
- "The whim of a madman"… I like that!
- You didn't leave me. I can't believe it... you didn't leave me.
Didn't have anywhere to be just then.