Found this piece today: How to Blog. While I don't agree with every piece of advice on the list, most of it's pretty good. I particularly liked:
3. dont be afraid to do anything. infact if youre afraid of something, do it. then do it again. and again.
15. dont be afraid if you think something has been said before. it has. and better. big whoop. say it anyway using your own words as honestly as you can. just let it out.
19. push the envelope in what youre writing about and how youre saying it. be more and more honest. get to the root of things. start at the root of things and get deeper. dig. think out loud. keep typing. keep going. eventually you'll find a little treasure chest. every time you blog this can happen if you let it.
22. when in doubt review something. theres not enough reviews on blogs. review a movie you just saw, a tv show, a cd, a kiss you just got, a restaurant, a hike you just took, anything.
30. read tons of blogs and leave nice comments. [especially for Angie!]
Tony pretty much summed up the essence of blogging, as I've come to understand it. Check it out if you're trying to get a handle on this "whole blog thang".